Saturday, November 29, 2008

Post Black Friday

So yesterday was the infamous Black Friday. For my non-American readers, the day after Thanksgiving is supposed to be a day full of amazing sales and shop-a-thons.
I had a meeting with a client at 12:30, so I left my house promptly at 9 to hit the stores up before work. (Even though 4 a.m. is supposedly the best time to catch the sales).
I got to Soho around 10, and the place was packed. Not that it's not normally packed, but this was serious.
Not to bore you with details, I attempted to shop, but I ended up waiting on the line for so long that I 1) never got to the cashier, and 2) was late for my meeting.
Post meeting, I went to Lowe's with my Dad to pick up materials for a job site. Same deal, who would think that people would go crazy over molding on sale? Ugh.

After Lowe's, I figured it was time to go home and hit the hay, but my best friend K is in town for the long weekend, and back to Soho it was.
Once again, the lines were long, long, long. And being 5'2", I soon got tired of being elbowed in the boobs by the 8 million girls fighting over coats and dresses.

By the way, I noted a very funny sight when I was at Forever 21. The store was half filled with bored men who leaned against the walls, and sat on any available flat surfaces while waiting for their women to fight over clothes. It was so cute! I wish I had a man who would wait for me while I shop.

That reminds me, I haven't heard from D in 2 days. Do guys not automatically know that their girlfriends like to hear from them everyday? UGH!

And for the shape of the economy, you would expect there to be huge sales for the cheap people (like me) who don't like to buy things full priced. Yea, that wasn't the case. Which made it even funnier that the chicks at the store would go crazy buying clothes that they can buy for the same price another day when there are less people boob-elbowing.

I did buy a very push-uppy bra that I expect to wear very soon.

Hope you're having a sexy Saturday!

xs and os.

3 comments:

The World is a Playground said...

The good deal doesn't exist unless...

I used to stand outside and wait all night to be the first in best buy each year. At the same tiem I would have a friend who works in that store hide the one super-on-sale item that I wanted somewhere completely random (like in a washing machine) that we had picked out the day before. Then I would just shoot over to the washing machine and get the great deal.

Then I learned something. I really don't need a brand new gizmabob at 50% off, i just don't need it so why spend that 50%? Me buying this gizmabob also deprived anyone else of this great deal as the store only had a few total.

As far as the guys knowing to call, the answer is no. We are dumb and need to be told what to do.

Alfie said...

On a purely selfish note, I wonder if we will get to see the push-up bra (with you in it of course).

Mischievous Snow White said...

TWP: Totally agree with you. I told my kid brother that sales should only be for people who would buy such items full priced.

Alfie: I'll keep you guys in suspense for now!